Co-mingling

Co-mingling
An example of how the species interacted in the wild, a herd of elephants and a couple of giraffe crossed paths and were available for a photo opportunity.

Hippos

Hippos
A group of hippopotamus's enjoying the mud, water, and sunshine. But, do not get too near, or they will charge!!

Crafty

Crafty
A mask at the market in McCooney. A display of both the skill of the artisans and the way we felt a bit deceived of their lifestyle

Victoria Falls

Victoria Falls
The corner of Victoria Falls, we couldn't see any more because of the mist. There are pictures of the entire thing on google images if you want to see what the entire thing looks like.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Wrapping up

This trip to Zambia was incredible. A special thanks to all of the people that sponsored me to go. It would not have been possible without you. I hope that this blog has been a bit more of an insight into some of the thoughts and feelings that I have had on the trip. I have a love for Africa after going on this trip and will possibly be pursuing missions and development work in Africa sometime in my future.
I called this blog A Plumbline View, an engineer’s keyboard for a reason I have not yet described. A plumbline is a tool used by engineers to measure how straight something is. Engineers look for things to be straight and in order. I am no exception as I plan on being one after completing my schooling. I knew going into this that I would try to make things fit our North American view and the “proper” way. An excellent example was the squat toilets for Kafubu. I was looking for the North American way to do things. In that way I called my blog Eye of the Plumbline, because I knew that even though I would try to figure things out my way they would be different. I hope you have enjoyed seeing Africa from my perspective and if you would like to hear more about it I am always willing to share.
The Lord has shown so much of Himself on this trip. I have learned a lot about myself, creation, Zambian culture and the love of God that transcends all generations and cultures.
Blessings as you go out to serve Him in all that you do.
Soli Deo Gloria
To God Alone be the Glory!
Nathan Couperus

No comments:

Post a Comment